Creamy, delicious comfort food at its simplest.
- 2 cups seared portobello mushrooms 1/2' slices
- 3/4 cup diced pancetta or bacon cooked
- 2 roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 3-5 cloves of garlic (finely minced or grated)
- 1 cup half & half
- 3/4 cup parmigiana reggiano grated
- 2 tbsps organic all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tbsps unsalted butter
- 2 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup basil divided
Sauce: Heat a large saucepan to medium heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Coat the bottom of the pan and add the butter. Cook until butter is fully melted. Add garlic and stir for 30 seconds. Add the flour and whisk into the pan until all flour is coated. Continue stirring for another 30 seconds and add the half & half. Turn heat up a tad and bring to slow boil. Give it a good whisk and add your tomatoes, mushrooms, crushed red pepper and 1/2 the basil (thinly sliced or whole is fine) turn heat to simmer.
Add 1/2 cup of cheese and the linguine to the sauce and stir to coat evenly. Serve with remaining basil (thinly sliced or whole), parmigiana reggiano and a light drizzle of olive oil. Bon Apetit!